thank you, d-group leaders!
We hope that this page provides you all the resources you may need/want as you mentor your teens. As always, please do not hesitate to email/call/text us with any questions or concerns you may have! Please send us any good videos, articles or resources that you have used that might be helpful for other groups as well!
This page is always updating! Keep checking back for constant updates and additions to this page!
dgroup leader ONLINE training & resources
As DGroup leaders, we want to be as equipped as we can be to share our faith with everyone in our life, not only the teens we work with. Please take time to review these training materials for helpful tips, ideas for your group and more!
- YDisciple Leader Training Video Series (We particularly ask leaders of the new 8th grade groups to watch this series before you meet your group for the first time)
- More coming soon!
Service Project Ideas
It's important that we serve others and give back to our community. Here are some ideas for how Dgroups can get involved!
video Resources to share with your group
Great videos to use in your group or share with group members outside of Dgroup time!
articles and Videos a-g
Catholicism as the True Church:
Catholic Perspectives on Birth Control: Great article to share with teens (particularly teens who are asking about using the pill for medical reasons).
Catholic Perspectives on Birth Control: In depth article (many of these themes are best discussed AFTER a discussion on Theology of the Body and God's plan for marriage).
Death and the Afterlife:
Embryonic Stem Cell Research:
permission forms and liability forms for home meetings
- Adult Leader Liability Waiver for Home Meetings
- Host/Homeowner Agreement for Home Meetings
- Youth Permission Form for Home Meetings
Please verify with Janet Welter that all parties have filled out the proper forms prior to your first meeting. Email us with any questions!
books that are great for book studies
Want to use any of these resources? Talk to the Youth Ministry staff about checking out books for your whole group from our libraries! Use them as long as you need and return them when you are done!
- How to Find Your Soulmate Without Losing Your Soul by Jason Evert. (recommended for grades 10+, popular with girls groups)
- Decent Exposure by Jessica Rey & Leah Darrow. (recommended for girls groups 8th grade+)
- Rome Sweet Home by Scott Hahn (recommended for groups 10th grade+)
- Be a Man by Father Larry Richards (recommended for guys groups grades 10+)
- Love and Responsibility by Karol Wojtya (Recommended for 11th/12th grade groups, a bit more intellectual than some teens prefer)
- Theology of the Body for Beginners by Christopher West (Recommended for grades 9+)
- Rediscovering Catholicism by Matthew Kelly (Recommended for grades 10+)
- Rediscovering Jesus by Matthew Kelly
- More recommendations coming soon!
articles and videos H-z
In Vitro Fertilization:
Coming soon: Depression/Mental Health,Women priests, Divorce, Assisted Suicide, Death Penalty, Cloning, Angels and demons, ouiji boards and new-age practices, and more!