Steubenville Rochester 2017: INformation for participants and parents
Catholic Youth Conference: June 22-27, 2017
Hello all Steubenville Rockies Participants and families,
This page includes all the information you need for this summer's conference.
Thank you to everyone who has already filled out the liability form for the Conference. (If you haven't, click here to fill it out and please return it to Ruth ASAP!)
There is an additional Liability form for whitewater rafting on Monday the 26th. Click here to print it out. Please turn in the form to Ruth directly or bring it with you on the morning of the 22nd when you arrive.
Important Times (scroll down for trip itinerary):
• Depart on Thursday, June 22nd at from St. Albert 7:15am transportation by charter bus. Please plan on arriving before 7am to load the bus.
• Return Tuesday, June 27th between 8am and 11am at St. Albert. (We will call parents early Tuesday with an updated arrival time)
• $525 per person includes conference fees, most meals (see below), lodging, bus, a T-shirt and activity fees. If you have any questions about this conference or how much you owe, please contact John or Ruth. There will be a few travel meals that are not included in this price; you will need to bring some spending money, (we recommend around $50) for meals, snacks and souvenirs.
What is a Steubenville Catholic Youth Conference?
Steubenville Rockies is a high-energy youth conference where thousands of teens are invited to encounter Jesus Christ through dynamic speakers, engaging music, the Sacraments, small group discussions, and fellowship with other teens.
What to Bring:
· Modest summer clothing appropriate for an event like this (See the dress policy below). Please bring a pair of shoes that are comfortable to walk in.
· Sweatshirt or jacket
· Swimsuit (girls one piece), as we may have chances to swim. We recommend bringing a plastic bag for wet clothes, as we will be whitewater rafting as well.
· For whitewater rafting, bring quick-drying shorts, a one piece swim suit (ladies), old sneakers/water shoes/sandals with straps, & a hat/sunglasses/sunscreen.
· One bag or suitcase per person please (also bring a backpack for the conference as sleeping areas are off-limits during the day)
· Pillow, & blankets for bus ride if desired.
· Personal toiletries, soap, shampoo, deodorant, etc. Towels will be provided by hotels.
· Bible, Rosary, note book/prayer journal, and a pen
· Extra money for food - $50.00 minimum is recommended
· Camera (if you would like) (no photography during the liturgies is allowed)
· Cell phones are allowed for the trip but you will be asked to turn them in during parts of the bus ride, the Steubenville Conference (Friday afternoon through Sunday afternoon) and a few other times. No exceptions!
What not to bring:
· No iPods, mp3s or other music devices, computers / laptops / DVD Players / Video Games
· Try not to bring valuables – it’s really hard to keep track of these things on a trip like this (please remember this if you decide to bring your cell phone)
· No weapons of any kind, fireworks, alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco products, pornography, or other similar items. Having these things will be grounds to be sent home at your expense.
If you have any dietary needs or limitations, please let Ruth know via email. Teens are heavily encouraged to bring plenty of snacks for the bus rides and the hotel stays.
Thursday: Please eat breakfast before you come and bring a bag lunch for Thursday. We will be eating on the bus. Dinner will be provided.
Friday: Lunch is on your own; there will be various fast food options (Arby's, Subway, McDonalds, etc.) Breakfast and Dinner will be provided.
Saturday: All meals will be provided
Sunday: Lunch will be on your own, Breakfast and Dinner will be provided.
Monday: Dinner will be on your own, similar to Friday lunch. Breakfast and Lunch will be provided.
Tuesday: Breakfast will be on your own; we recommend bringing granola bars, fruit, etc. to save money, especially if you are not a heavy breakfast eater.
· No inappropriate dress: You are expected to dress in a fashion that represents modesty and good taste, respecting one another and the Lord. No bikini tops, low cut tops, miniskirts, and short shorts. This includes all clothing which does not cover undergarments and midriffs, or which displays words, pictures, symbols, or images that are considered vulgar, obscene or otherwise improper at a conference of this kind
· One piece swimsuits for the girls.
Emergency Numbers: (These are the adult leaders going to this conference, please try to contact the adults first if you need to get a hold of your child)
· Ruth Gladitsch (651) 271-9715
· Michael Jacobs (coming soon)
· Barb Tummel (coming soon)
· Jean Wold (coming soon)
Itinerary for Trip
Thursday, June 22nd
6:45-7AM Arrive at Church of St. Albert, Albertville, MN
7AM-7:15AM Load Bus/Depart
Bag Lunches on the Bus (SELF)
Wall Drug, South Dakota - 1.5 hours at Wall Drug
Mount Rushmore: Lighting Ceremony begins at 9 PM, Ice Cream closes at 9 PM, Gift Shop open until 10:30 PM, Visitor Center closes at 10pm
Stay the night at Super 8, Custer, SD
Friday, June 23rd
Continental Breakfast included
Stop at Subway, Mc Donald's & Arby's for Lunch SELF PROVIDED
Steubenville Rockies Conference (Crowne Plaza DIA) Denver, CO
Lodging for weekend provided by conference.
Sunday, June 25th
Depart Conference, stop for lunch SELF PROVIDED
Hotel in Buena Vista - Super 8
Dinner Domino’s Pizza Delivered
Monday, June 26th
Continental Breakfast included
Performance Tours Whitewater Rafting Buena Vista, lunch included.
Dinner SELF PROVIDED
Drive through the night
Tuesday, June 27th
Arrive back at St. Albert Catholic Church between 8am and 11am. Students will call parents Tuesday morning with a more exact ETA.