Who We Are:
We on CORE Team are committed to serving our parish through our own relationship with Christ and planning and running Youth Events through out the year to lead others closer to Christ. Core Team is open to teens in grades 9-12.
Committed to a Personal Relationship with God
As members of Core Team, we are dedicated to maintaining our personal relationship with God through daily prayer, personally seeking out the sacraments regularly, and striving for virtue in our daily lives.
Committed to the Catholic Church
We are Catholic and proud of it! Core Team members are dedicated to not just doing the bare minimum, but in attending Mass multiple times a week, studying the teachings of the Church, monthly confession and more!
Committed to Ministry
Core Team members specifically are called to love and reach out to other youth in our community, especially those younger. We plan and lead events, build friendships with younger teens and our peers, doing our best to be the role models showing an example of what it means to be a teenager following Christ in our complicated world.
committed to evangelizing our world
On Core Team, we are dedicated to answering the universal call to evangelize the world. In school, on social media, in our friendships, sports teams, and families, we strive to let our lives be a witness of God's love to those around us.
committed to loving one another
We are a family on Core Team. Nobody is perfect, and we all need forgiveness. In D-Groups, at Core Team meetings and in our daily lives, we strive to be there for each other. Love is a choice and a sacrifice, not just a feeling... and that is how we are committed to live.
Interested in joining core?
Core Team is a 1 year commitment, beginning each August.
Spiritual and Personal Expectations:
- Already fulfilling your Mass obligation on Sundays and Holy Days of Obligation
- Daily Mass once per week in addition to Sundays and Holy Days of Obligation
- Spending 15+ minutes in daily, personal prayer
- Confession once per month and as needed
- Sign up for one hour of Adoration per month (Core Team has their own designated holy hours)
- Consistently making choices that lead you closer to God
- Remembering that you are representing the Catholic Church by your words and actions... and making choices as such.
- Actively participating in a Discipleship Group
Ministry and Core Commitments:
- Be ready and present to build relationships with the middle school and elementary school participants... always be ready to bring teens closer to Christ! Show them God's love without counting the cost.
- Attend all Core Team Meetings (Typically on a Sunday Evening)
- Attend the August Weekend Retreat
- Attend the Courtship Project Seminar (grades 10+)
- Attend the February Day of Reflection
- Plan, attend and facilitate a minimum of five ministry events:
- 9th grade: a minimum of two 4th/5th grade fun nights + a minimum of three FNLs
- 10th grade: a minimum of one 4th/5th Grade Fun Night + a minimum of your choice of four FNLs or four Breakaways
- 11th and 12th grade: plan and lead a minimum of one FNL + a minimum of your choice of four FNLs or four Breakaways
- Upperclassmen have an additional three upperclassmen meetings (all on Sunday afternoons prior to Core Meetings) and will be expected to take on more leadership roles within Core Team.
- **Upperclassmen will also be asked to sign up for a Virtus training session if they have not yet attended one.**
Before you apply...
- Make sure you are in a D-group! Talk to John or Ruth if you need help getting into a group.
- Talk to your parents about the commitments. The time and personal commitment of Core Team is difficult and time consuming. Make sure that this commitment is something that you can build your life around, not half-heartedly fit into your life.
- PRAY! Make sure that you feel that Core Team is where you are called to be. (If not, there are plenty of other ways to get involved and grow in your faith!)
Ready to apply?